301 E. Main Street
301 E. Main Street was built in 1870 by Mr. John Saylor who also owned a carriage factory at 16 S. White Oak Street. The house was constructed of brick and later covered with siding. The home was then sold in the early 1900 to H.W. Miller who owned the hardware store at 18 E. Main street.
The building, however, is best and most remember as the home and local practice of physician James R. Monteith. Locals still share stories of their interactions with Dr. Monteith and his sweet and well-liked housekeeper Ann.
The house was bought at auction in 2007 by North Annville natives Tom & Julie Tshudy. After a year of renovations and restoration the home was opened as a bed and breakfast. Being a retired Air Force Lt. Col with a passion for those who serve in our armed services, Tom thought it only fitting to name it The Patriot House Bed & Breakfast.
Together with their Innkeeper Amber, who came on staff in May of 2012, The Tshudy's strive to make the Patriot House the best it can be in every way.